Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day


(green button-up blouse - Next, floral skirt - from mother unknown, shoes - Varanni, necklace - carboot, earrings - Primark)

I know I don't live in Ireland and I'm certainly no Irish or have any Irish blood in me or my family but I just love dressing up for things and you'd know because of my Valentine's Outfit series post that I did a month ago. 

I may not really have worn this for anything except to shoot this outfit post and because it's St. Patricks Day and I wanted to wear something green. I was actually battling whether to wear this or this greeny/turquoise dress. So instead I shot both outfits and the dress actually turned out more minty so it wouldn't have passed as St. Patrick's green so instead I'm using this. 

Whilst I was looking through my wardrobe for something to wear for this day, I saw this and forgot I had it and as soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of pairing it with this skirt. Floral print and skirt are in this spring/summer so it's a good way to start it off that way although it was actually starting to rain when I started taking pictures, that's English weather for you I guess.

I wore my gold key necklace I got from carboot ages ago which I don't wear a lot anymore actually, and also wore my long earring because I had my hair on the side so I knew it would show. I actually wished I had a gold choker necklace and gold double cuffs even though when I started seeing the trend I didn't really pay attention to it until now when I imagined how much the outfit would've looked much better if it had more gold accents with it, maybe next time.

I'm planning to wear this to watch 'The Hunger Games' so that at least I can say that I wore it for something other than to take pictures. What do say? Would it be to dressy to wear to watch a movie? But maybe I could dress it down with flats/boots and tights. Oh and small earrings too?

Have a lovely Saturday anyways and I hope you're all having a fantastic St. Patrick's Day :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

A Melody of your Lovely Comments. Thank You ♥ ❤ ♥ ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...